These weight loss tips for women will help you lose weigh fast and burn fat. Try them today.
Why weight loss tips for women? Well, it seems that at some stage or another in the life of a woman she is trying to lose weight. In fact the words ‘diet’, ‘weight loss’ or ‘lose weight’ seem to be synonymous with women because the desire to lose weight and be slim has become part and parcel of our nature.
From generation to generation of woman the psyche has been programmed to want to lose weight. Do you remember your mother or grandmother being on a diet or wanting to lose weight? Subconsciously they passed on that desire to be slim.
So here are a few weight loss tips just for you. Tips that can help you burn fat, cut calories and lose weight.
Tea or Coffee?
When you rise in the morning instead of grabbing a cup of coffee have a glass of hot water with the juice of ½ a lemon added. It’s a great way to keep your blood sugar balanced.
Choose a protein breakfast
A protein breakfast is a good choice when trying to lose weight as it can increase your metabolic rate and burn fat at a faster rate.
Try a low GI Carbohydrate Breakfast
Eating a low GI carb breakfast is another good choice for weight loss mainly because they keep your energy levels balanced with the result that you feel fuller for longer after meals.
Some Alternative Breakfast Foods
A great fruit to have in the morning is Grapefruit. Before eating breakfast halve a grapefruit, add a sprinkling of cinnamon and a little splenda. It will curb your appetite.
Blueberries, cherries, raspberries and strawberries are all super speedy fruits. They have a high fibre content and are an excellent source of potassium, which is effective in lowering blood pressure. Enjoy them with very low fat natural yoghurt topped with a tablespoon of chopped natural nuts.
Apples are full of pectin and will leave you feeling fuller longer. It is also a handy snack plus they are low in calories.
Composition of meals
Try and compose your 3 main meals as 40% protein, 25% carbohydrate and 25% fruit or vegetables.
These are excellent to reduce your appetite but you must choose the right type. Pumpernickel and rye breads have a stronger effect on the appetite than white and whole-wheat varieties.
- Drink a glass of iced water before meals. It not only burns more calories and speeds up your metabolism but it also acts as a natural appetite suppressant. If you do not want something cold try having a bowl of soup before meals
- Use spices to stimulate your metabolismIt has been proven that spices like cayenne pepper; salsa, hot peppers and mustard stimulate the body’s metabolic rate as well as effectively cleaning out the arteries.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on your scrambled eggs; add salsa to salads or pasta. These are all natural thermogenic foods, experiment with the different flavours! Note: The hotter the spice the greater the metabolic boost so be sensible and use these hot extras according to your taste buds!
- Green Tea is another metabolic booster, which also lessens your craving for sweet things. It also has health benefits contributing to the prevention of cancer and the control of diabetes.
- Make your food tasty and palatable by using spices like thyme, basil, coriander, parsley, ginger, onions and garlic.
- Beans: Use all the pulses, kidney beans, green beans, butter beans, chickpeas or split peas. They are an excellent source of protein and can lower cholesterol.
- Do not use butter or margerine as a spread. Alternative choices to moisten bread are: 2 low fat cheese triangles like Laughing Cow, 1 level tbsp of reduced calorie salad cream, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup or 1tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise. For a sweet taste try 1 tbsp marmalade or jam.
- Richards B. “How Protein Helps Weight Loss.” Wellnessresources.com December 15, 2008
- “Spices That Speed Up Metabolism” ehow.com