Your health is very important, so eating healthy food is a natural necessity. However, healthy food doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming to make.
Every now and then you may feel like eating something healthy, but you don’t want to spend a whole lot of time making something. Fixing a simple salad is one of the easiest and fastest ways to create a healthy and tasty lunch or snack. Take a look at these easy steps to create either an easy meat salad or garden salad.
First, decide what kind of salad you wish to make. Do you want a garden salad or a meat salad? For a simple salad, depending on what kind, you will need a few things.
Table of Contents
Gather all of the Necessary Ingredients
- 1 head of lettuce
- Cooked ham (for the simple meat salad – pre-prepared is OK)
- Cooked turkey (optional for the simple meat salad)
- 1 bag of shredded cheese (it can be any kind, but I prefer cheddar)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 boiled egg (optional for the meat salad)
- 1 bottle of dressing of your choice
After you’ve gathered all of the needed ingredients you will also need to get all of the materials needed to prepare your salad.
Set out all of the items you’ll need
- 1 bowl (the size will depend on how large you want your salad)
- 1 plate or cutting board
- 1 chopping knife or any other knife
- 1 fork
Start Making Your Salad
1. Wash your hands thoroughly
2. You can skip steps 3, 4, and 6 if you’re making a salad without meat.
3. Boil 1 egg for a small or medium sized bowl. If you want more, then you can boil another egg. After the egg is finished boiling you can let it sit for 15 minutes to let it cool off. To boil an egg you must:
a) Place the eggs in the pot and cover them with cold water. The water must cover them completely.
b) Put a pinch of salt in the pot to keep the eggs from bursting.
c) Turn one stove isle on and put it on a light flame and place the pot on the stove.
d) Let the eggs boil for 15 minutes. They should be bubbling by the time the 15 minutes is up.
e) Take the eggs off the stove and let it sit for 15 minutes in a separate bowl to cool off, or rinse with cold water to cool them off faster.
4. Cut the egg down the middle then cut the egg into five slices. If you want them smaller, then you can cut them again. It doesn’t matter when you put them in the bowl, but in my opinion it’s best to put the eggs in last.
5. For a small bowl you will make two half inch slices into the lettuce, for a medium bowl you will make three. Chop up you’re your lettuce slices four times vertically and four times horizontally. Then place it in your bowl.
6. For the Ham and Turkey you will follow the same procedure as you did for the lettuce. To make it easier you can buy the pre-packaged, pre-sliced ham and turkey. Place them into the bowl once you’re done.
7. Next cut the cucumber. You’re going to slice 3 one centimeter pieces of cucumber for the small bowl and 4, depending on how much you want, for the medium bowl. Cut the slices once horizontally and once vertically. If you want to make them smaller, then cut them again diagonally on both sides like you’re creating an “X.” Place the cucumber pieces in the bowl.
8. You will cut the tomato the same way, but you will cut 2 slices for the small bowl and 3 for the medium bowl. If you want more, then you can use more slices. Put the tomatoes in the bowl.
9. Get the shredded cheese and sprinkle as much as you want or 1 to 2 small handfuls around the salad. Now toss or mix up your salad ingredients for a good minute. Make sure everything is evenly distributed.
10. Pour your salad dressing over your salad. You must decide how much you prefer. After this you will mix your salad again to make sure the dressing is evenly distributed throughout the salad. If you have too much dressing it can “overpower” the taste of the other ingredients.
11. Now everything you have made should be in a bowl. And you the bowl you have should be the right size for how much your making. I do recommend using a salad bowl if you want a large salad. I hope you enjoy your salad.