Rice pudding is a very common dessert used in many households. It is also one of those desserts that can be prepared in many different ways, depending on your taste and preferences.
Rice pudding with cinnamon is probably one of the most delicious flavors for this type of dish. Take a look at this article to see how this delicious recipe is prepared carolinarice.com/cooking/how-to-make-the-perfect-rice-pudding/. The combination of both ingredients creates a unique flavor that will make you crave more.
If you’re looking to prepare an easy yet tasty dessert today, then this recipe should be on top of your list. This rice pudding with a cinnamon flavor only requires 10 minutes to cook, so it’s perfect if you have unexpected guests or want something sweet after dinner tonight.
The Best Rice for Rice Pudding
Medium Grain Rice
This type of rice is the best option if you want your rice pudding to be soft and creamy. Another benefit is that it doesn’t stick to the pot when cooking, unlike long-grain rice, which can sometimes get mushy even though this also depends on how much water you add.
This is also a good type of rice for rice pudding, and it also absorbs a lot of flavor from the ingredients you add. However, it takes more liquid and requires more time to cook, unlike medium grain rice.
Short Grain Rice
It’s usually best to avoid using short-grain rice for cooking this dish because it tends to be very sticky, but I think that Arborio might work as well. But if you’re looking for soft rice but not mushy, then this might be your best bet.
Brown rice is the best type of rice for this dish because it takes a very long time to cook, so you might not get the results you want. But if you do go with brown, make sure that it’s cooked like risotto (with lots of liquid), or else it’ll just be scorched.
This type of rice works best for Indian fried “rice” because the grains are long and fluffy. It’s perfect for making this dish at home, but it doesn’t have an Indian store nearby. If you use basmati, you also might want to add a teaspoon of butter to the rice when it’s finished cooking, just like most Indian restaurants do.
If that is all that you have in your kitchen, then use it for this recipe! The taste isn’t going to be authentic, but it’ll still improve over plain white rice, which is the most common choice used by restaurants since it’s cheap and cooks quickly. But if you want to replicate this dish as closely as possible, I recommend getting some basmati so that at least some of the grains are long. Long grain white rice is the way to go if you’re looking for authenticity.
Rice Pudding with Cinnamon Recipe
- 1 cup of rice 4 cups of milk
You can use all sizes of fat, whether full, half or skim. Almond and soya milk is also a great source. You can use any mix of the ingredients, depending on your preferences. A condensed milk version is also possible, but keep in mind that it will change the taste and texture.
- 1/3 cup sugar 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder for the decoration
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- A half-cup cream
Add a little bit of cream, then stir briefly to blend the cream into the rice. The cream adds a subtle creaminess to the pudding. The cream also makes the sauce whiter.
- Two tablespoon vanilla extract
Pure vanilla extracts provide you with the right amount of sweetness.
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
You can use regular or superfine white sugar.
- One cup of sultanas or raisins
Raisins are optional as you can replace them with a different dry fruit.
- One tablespoon of butter or margarine for greasing the pan. Butter not only offers a good smear on the side but also adds flavor to the dish.
- 3/4 cup of uncooked medium grain white rice
- The first step should be to rinse the rice, whether you’re using basmati or other white rice, since this step removes some of the starchy coatings on the grains. This also helps reduce your total cooking time if you’re using a different type of white rice because it’ll mean that less
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a ten-cup casserole dish (for standard, 1-1/2 quart) using cooking spray.
- Pour in the rinsed rice, milk, cream, salt, and sugar in the saucepan or pot with the lid on high heat until it boils. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- In a saucepan, add the rice and 2 cups of water with 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Use your saucepan to combine milk, vanilla, and the cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Make sure you mix it occasionally as it boils.
- Stir in rice and sugar. Reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes or until slightly thickened. While stirring, make sure you scrape the base and the sides of your pan using a wooden spoon until your pudding is thick.
- Once the rice is soft and cooked through, get rid of the cinnamon stick. Then, add nonfat dry milk and raisins. Fold them in carefully, so you don’t bust your pudding apart. You can also add butter on top of the condensed milk to achieve your desired consistency.
- After that, place rice, sultanas, and cinnamon in a baking dish, spread it evenly and then pour the condensed milk on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Bake it for one hour as you stir every twenty minutes to make it brown evenly. Remove from the oven and let it cool down a bit before serving. Then, add ice cream or whipped cream on top for that classic combination of creamy goodness.
- Pour the rice on your serving bowls, then sprinkle with extra cinnamon for that extra aroma. Let it cool down before serving. You can also sprinkle cinnamon sugar and raisins on top before baking for some extra sweetness. Serve it warm or cold with ice cream or whipped topping of your choice.
What to Serve with Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Cinnamon Rice Pudding is a very versatile dessert dish. You can serve it with various fruits, including bananas, kiwi, or strawberries, to name a few.
Cinnamon rice is an addictive combination of warm and cold, making it suitable for all desserts, including ice cream and mousse.
A standard serving of rice pudding with one cup will give you about 384 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated), 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein, and 574 mg potassium. Now isn’t that delicious?
As you can see, there are so many ways of preparing this beautiful dessert. You can use as many ingredients as possible, but always make sure that you use the best quality of each ingredient. With a touch of creativity and ingenuity, this wholesome dessert can be prepared in your kitchen. You can also try adding any nuts on top for added crunchiness, but it’s good to do so after baking it for some more beautiful presentation.